- SIMON, Herbert (1969). The Sciences of the Artificial. Cambridge: MIT Press.
- MCKIM, Robert (1973). Experiences in Visual Thinking. Brooks/Cole Publishing Co.
- Patnaik, Dev, “Forget Design Thinking and Try Hybrid Thinking”, Fast Company, August 25, 2009. “…design thinking is any process that applies the methods of industrial designers to problems beyond how a product should look. My mentor at Stanford, Rolf Faste, did more than anyone to define the term and express the unique role that designers could play in making pretty much everything.”
- Brown, Tim. “The Making of a Design Thinker.” Metropolis Oct. 2009: 60-62. Pg60: “David Kelley… said that every time someone came to ask him about design, he found himself inserting the word thinking to explain what it is that designers do. The term design thinking stuck.”
- Cross, N (2011) Design Thinking: Understanding How Designers Think and Work, Berg, Oxford and New York.
- Cross, Nigel. “Designerly Ways of Knowing.” Design Studies 3.4 (1982): 221-27
- JONES, Andrew (2008). The Innovation Acid Test. Axminster: Triarchy Press. p. 20.
- ADLER, Isabel; LUCENA, Brenda; RUSSO, Beatriz, VIANNA, Maurício; VIANNA, Ysmar. “Design Thinking: Inovações nos Negócio. 2011, MJV Press